Fences is a program that helps you organize your desktop, and can hide your icons when they’re not in use. A “Fence”, a term coined by this program, is an icon group on your desktop. Fences is an add-on to your desktop, not a replacement.
Important: Read this before using your copy of Stardock Corporation’s Fences.
End User License Agreement
This user license agreement (the AGREEMENT) is an agreement between you (individual or single entity) and Stardock Corporation for the Fences program (the SOFTWARE) that is accompanying this AGREEMENT.
The SOFTWARE is the property of Stardock Corporation and is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties. The SOFTWARE is not sold, it is licensed.
LICENSED VERSION The LICENSED VERSION means a Registered Version (using your personal serial/registration number) or an original fully working version of the SOFTWARE. If you accept the terms and conditions of this AGREEMENT, you have certain rights and obligations as follow:
- Install and use one copy of the SOFTWARE on a single computer.
- Install a second copy of the SOFTWARE on a second computer only if you are the main user of this computer (home computer or laptop for example).
- Install the SOFTWARE on another computer only if you change your main workstation. In such a case you must uninstall the software from the old computer.
- Use the SOFTWARE via a network, only if you have purchased an adequate number of licenses. The number of users must not exceed the number of licenses you have purchased.
- Make a copy of the SOFTWARE for archival purposes only.
YOU MAY NOT:
- Copy and distribute the SOFTWARE or any portion of it except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
- Sublicense, rent, lease or transfer your personal registering number.
- Sublicense, rent or lease the SOFTWARE or any portion of it.
- Decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or modify the SOFTWARE or any portion of it, or make any attempt to bypass, unlock, or disable any protective or initialization system on the SOFTWARE.
- Copy the documentation accompanying the SOFTWARE.
- Upload or transmit the SOFTWARE, or any portion thereof, to any electronic bulletin board, network, or other type of multi-use computer system regardless of purpose.
- Include the SOFTWARE in any commercial products intended for manufacture, distribution, or sale.
The SOFTWARE is supplied “AS IS”. Stardock disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability and of fitness for any purpose. The user must assume the entire risk of using this SOFTWARE.
DISCLAIMER OF DAMAGES
Stardock Corporation assumes no liability for damages, direct or consequential, which may result from the use of this SOFTWARE, even if Stardock Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Any liability of the seller will be limited to refund of the purchase price.
This license is effective from your date of purchase and shall remain in force until terminated. You may terminate the license and this agreement at any time by destroying the SOFTWARE and its documentation, together with all copies in any form.
The Company and/or our Licensors hold valid copyright in the Software. Nothing in this Agreement constitutes a waiver of any rights under U.S. Copyright law or any other federal or state law.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT: YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND IT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY AND SUPERCEDES ALL PROPOSALS OR PRIOR ENDORSEMENTS, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY OR ANY REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COMPANY RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Developed and Published by:
15090 N Beck Road
Plymouth, MI 48170 USA
Stardock is a registered trademark of Stardock
Systems, Inc. Fences is a trademark of
(c) 2009-2010 Stardock Corporation.
All trademarked names mentioned in this document and SOFTWARE are used for editorial purposes only, with no intention of infringing upon the
No part of this publication may be reproduced without written permission from Stardock Corporation.
All rights reserved.